Lamaze Freddie The Firefly
Lamaze Freddie the Firefly Take Along Toy
Keep your little one engaged and entertained for hours with the Lamaze Freddie the Firefly. Designed for use from birth on up, and developed in conjunction with child development experts from Yale University, this plush toy has a chain link that connects it to any Lamaze toy or play mat. It also comes with the Lamaze link clip for easy attachment to car seats, strollers and high chairs.
Stimulates Baby's Vision and Auditory Skills
When babies are first born, they see in black and white. This is why Freddie strikes a balance between bright, high contrast patterns that help stimulate baby's vision, and bold solid colours that give baby's eyes a place to rest. Sounds like squeak, clink, and crinkle also help stimulate and develop baby's auditory skills. Finally, Freddie's large, friendly eyes invite baby to focus and stare at a single object, which can help calm baby while supporting healthy eye development.
Made to be safe for newborns and young children, Freddie features a soft velour body that's ideal for cuddling and busy wings with a peek-a-boo mirror for interactive play. Multiple textures keep your baby interested, encouraging her to explore. Additionally, the rings clink together, and the tethered ladybug teether--which baby can pull out or store in a cute little pocket--and knotted antennae are perfect for chewing. For added fun and to aid small motor development, there's also a ball that squeaks when squeezed.
Stimulates baby's vision and auditory skills
Soft velour body and multiple textures on the wings keep baby engaged
Tethered ladybug teether and knotted antennae perfect for chewing
1. My 5 month old daughter adores Freddy and will not go anywhere without it. She is teething at the moment and has been a great aid for this. Great product, great value. Will definitely be buying more of these toys!
2. I have bought 3 Lamaze toys for my 7 month old daughter and this one is her favourite. It is very colourful, which is typical of the Lamaze range, and has lots of crinkly bits and a button that squeaks. She is entertained for a while biting on the red teething ladybird and also likes chewing on the rings. It is a big toy and hangs well from a play gym or pram. It is a bit difficult to clean but comes up fine with a good scrub with a sponge and hot soapy water. I can't recommend these toys enough, especially Freddie the Firefly.
3. I bought this toy for my son when he was born as he is a baby that is always awake so needs lots of stimulation. This has been one of the best buys as he loves the squeaker and the colours meant he could see it when he was a few weeks old. It also rattles and he is now able to get hold of the rings at the bottom to chew. I actually put this toy in the washing machine when it fell out of the car and it was fine - the squeaker still works. A must have for those with active babies.
4. Have just received this item and as previous reviewers have stated, the quality of this item is not the same as the picture. Either the company has changed its design, or Amazon is selling fakes. The little pouch is a fleece material, not knitted. As a knitter, the little pouch is one of the reasons I chose this toy in the first place. The antennae are ribbons, NOT knotted (but the product description says they are: "knotted antennae are perfect for chewing"), and the links are not attached with an elastic material, as it looks like in the picture. Furthermore, the wings are unfinished on the edges, not nicely sewn like the picture, and also are from a different material. And in the picture the small wings look fat and fluffy, but mine are flat and kind of sad looking. Also in the picture, the ladybug on the big left wing looks like it's embroidered on, whereas mine is just printed on the fabric. If I hadn't seen the picture, what I received is OK as a toy, but it's not the product I ordered. Looking at the reviews, it's the same as another reviewer received, who posted a picture comparing two fireflies. Will not be ordering any more Lamaze products and will probably be returning this (not in the UK, so depends on how much it costs to return). Very disappointed, as product is popular and was excited about getting this.
5. I bought this toy for my newborn nephew. It is so brightly coloured and has different sounds and textures. Now he is 4 months old he loves it and it is his favourite toy! Definately worth the money!
6. I got this as a gift for my friend's kid. He really likes it, it's his favourite toy. Baby rates it five, apparently.
7. I highly recommend that toy for all babies ffrom 0 mths. It has all the features you are looking for in a stimulating toy. Different textures, beautiful colours, something to touch, feel, chew on. Makes squeky noise. Has a little miror thet babies love:) Absolutely brilliant:)