Fisher-Price Rainforest Peek-A-Boo Leaves Musical Mobile
Three soothing settings: music, motion, and lights; music and motion; and music with nightlight
Leaves wave gently up and down while a smiling dragonfly plays peek-a-boo to music
Features three detachable rainforest characters which spin as the mobile rotates around
Choose between three classical music compositions or rainforest sounds for baby
It requires 4 x D Alkaline 1.5 V batteries (not included)
Helping babies to drift off to sleep can be a tricky business, but making bedtime a calm and peaceful routine can help them to recognise when it’s time to rest. The Fisher-Price Rainforest Peek-a-Boo Leaves Musical Mobile brings the magic of the rainforest to the side of baby's crib. With the Rainforest Mobile, baby can relax under his very own rainforest canopy as shiny leaves wave gently up and down above him while a dragonfly plays peek-a-boo. The large undulating leaves, with shiny undersides, all slowly move down at once to hide the hanging dragonfly, then gently move back up for a surprise reveal. Other rainforest friends soothe and entertain as they join in the fun, dancing and twirling as the mobile spins overhead.
The handy remote control means it’s easier for you to control the classical music and rainforest sounds from a distance without disturbing your baby once he’s started to drift off. Use the remote to start classical music from Bach, Beethoven and Mozart or soothing sounds from the rainforest. There are three settings which allow you to manage the music, motion, lights and the night light to keep baby soothed and entertained. As baby grows, the mobile simply clips out to leave a music box that infants can activate on their own with simple, easy to press buttons so baby can enjoy sweet dreams for months and years to come. The Fisher-Price Rainforest Peek-a-Boo Leaves Musical Mobile requires 4 x D Alkaline 1.5 V batteries (not included) and is suitable from birth.
1 x Rainforest Peek-a-Boo Leaves Musical Mobile
Off to dreamland…
Shiny leaves wave gently up and down while a smiling dragonfly plays peek-a-boo. Other rainforest friends join in the fun, dancing and twirling as the mobile spins around. Use the remote to start classical music from Bach, Beethoven and Mozart or soothing sounds from the rainforest. And when it’s time to remove the mobile from the crib, convert it to a music box with soft, glowing night light so baby can enjoy sweet dreams for months and years to come.
Develop and grow
It might be sleepy time, but important skills are still developing. Sensory skills are enhanced by rainforest sights and sounds, including glowing lights and colourful animal friends. Satin leaves gently wave up and down to promote eye-tracking skills, while soothing sounds and music encourage auditory development, too. Soft light and soothing music provide a reassuring comfort to baby, helping to develop a familiar bedtime routine.
Help your baby get comfy
Help baby learn to self-soothe. The sweet sounds, music and sights of this mobile help baby understand when it’s time to wind down and relax. Switch the settings until you find one that’s especially comforting to your little one, especially as they grow.
1. We originally bought the Mothercare jungle mobile but that got taken straight back to the shop once we realised how loud it was. This Fisher Price mobile is great. It looks smart; the toys are of a good quality; there are two settings for the sound and even the loudest is not too loud. We bought two for our twins which works great because we can have one on the rainforest setting (sounds of the rainforest) and the other on music setting - Mozart, Bach or Beethoven. At bed we tend to switch both to rainforest setting as it is very calming. We liked the fact you can play the sounds / music with or without the mobile turning. Also love the nightlight feature. Our twins are 9 weeks now and are starting to take notice of the overhead mobile. They are definitely calmed by the rainforest sounds. Once started it runs for 18 minues. Also comes with remote control, although we haven't used this yet. Overall, excellent value for money, considering the Mothercare mobile cost the same!
2. I bought this after recommendations from friends and have no regrets. It's a wonderful toy that keeps my son occupied for ages and helps him go to sleep. It has tunes by three composers - Bach, Mozart and Beethoven - as well as rainforest sounds used on the other items in this range. It has two volume levels (I usually only use the quieter level) and a night light. You can choose whether to have the mobile and the sounds on, the nightlight and the sounds on, or the mobile, nightlight and sounds. Sometimes the mobile is too stimulating and my son can't stop watching it so I have the nightlight and music on only. There is a little bug in the middle with a monkey, a frog and a parrot that go round in between the leaves going up and down.
- Like other products in this range, it's very well made with sturdy parts and good attention to detail. It seemed so heavy once I'd put the batteries in (3x'D' batteries) I wasn't sure it would stay up but it does very well so no need to worry.
- You get extra mileage out of it as you can take the mobile part off when your little one can reach to grab it and still use the sounds and night light setting.
- The night light is just bright enough with a lovely rainforest picture and my son likes to look at it as he's going to sleep.
- It plays sounds for 18 minutes - long enough to have a shower, prepare a bottle, make a phone call, etc!
- The remote control works mostly very well. Only works if the mobile is switched to on but has quite a good range. Avoids the need to go up to the cot and have the baby see you turn the mobile on or off.
- If you have a cot top changer, you can place it near the mobile and it's close enough to keep your baby occupied while you change them.
- It seems to be eating batteries, but I have had it on soooo much. He often cries out to let me know that it's stopped.
- I have wide cot bars (not round ones) with a wide top bar and have had to wind the mobile into the wood a bit to fix it into place. On my other cot that had round bars, it fixed much easier.
- The mechanism seems quite loud as the mobile goes round but it doesn't seem to bother my son at all. He is nearer the speaker for the sounds than the mobile so it is perhaps not much of an issue.
It's a wonderful mobile and has made my mornings (and his bedtimes) more pleasant. It's one of my best purchases and I would quite happily recommend it.
3. Bought this after it was recommended for my new born. It's been great! From the moment we but her in cot with it she was mesmerised by it. 6 months on she still is.
I wasn't sure if sh would be over stimulated by it because it has lights, sounds and movement. However it's perfect. So calming yet distracts her if she doesn't really want to be in her cot. We have been using this for over four months at night times and nap times. It is still in perfect condition and she sometimes even manages to push the on button with her feet herself (she's prett bendy and I'm sure it's accidental, however keeps her entertained when she wakes from her nap!)
We haven't actually used the remote control as we've never had a need to, but I do think it's a good idea.
The items itself is up to 6 months however our daughter is now 6.5 months and is still fine with it as she can't reach it yet so I think we will get use for a while longer.
The music is calming to and not that annoying kind of music many baby toys have. My two draughts share a room and it doesn't disturb our eldest if we even put it on the night. Sane with the lights, they are bright enough to creat a soft glow but not too bright.
The only down side is it seemed to go through a fair few batteries. It's worth buying the slightly more expensive batteries as it last a lot longer wit them.
Would recommend this product to friends and family!