Fisher-Price Rainforest Gym
Music, lights, nature sounds, plus lots of activities and textures to stimulate your growing baby
Two distinct modes of play: Tummy time and Bat at play as baby grows
Tummy time play with five linkable toys to reposition on mat or giraffe and encourage baby to push up on tummy
Moveable and stationary toys encourage exploration of the overhead gym with Bat at play
Suitable from birth
Fisher-Price Rainforest Gym
Bring the rainforest to life with music, lights and nature sounds that respond to baby’s movement. Linkable toys, busy activities and a soft mat make lay and play and tummy time so much fun!
Two modes of play - lay and play or tummy time
Responds to baby’s movement with music, sounds and colourful, dancing lights
Plays up to 20 minutes of lively music or rainforest sounds
10 activities and linkable toys for lay and play or tummy time
Satiny butterflies spin at baby’s touch, activating lights, music or sounds
Link toys to mat or giraffe and encourage baby to push up on tummy
Soft monkey, mirror, soft jingly toucan, roller ball elephant with soft ears, crinkly peek-a-boo link, butterfly mini-mobile and more
Volume control for quiet play
Helps develop sensory skills
Introduces cause and effect
Requires three AA batteries
Suitable from birth
Rainforest Friends Everywhere Baby Looks!
The magical world of the rainforest comes to life with music, lights, nature sounds, and lots of activities and textures to stimulate your growing baby. The comfy floor quilt has a soft, silky border and colourful arches supported by a friendly giraffe. A variety of links let you attach toys up above or down below. Rainforest friends are everywhere--a soft monkey, jingly toucan, elephant and parrot with spinning paddle and more. Movable and stationary toys encourage exploration on the overhead gym or for tummy-time play. Baby can also enjoy a spinner with rattling beads, spinning butterflies, a shiny mirror and a crinkly leaf for peek-a-boo fun. Lively rainforest sounds and music play for up to 20 minutes. Includes volume control for quiet play.
Develop and Grow
As babies play, they’re developing in so many ways! Dancing lights and bright colours enhance visual skills; playful fun tunes, sounds and textures stimulate baby’s senses of hearing and touch. As baby explores on the comfy mat, linking toys and mirror encourage tummy-time play, building upper body strength and self-discovery. Rewarding lights and music help baby understand cause and effect while busy activities like a spinner parrot paddle and rattle elephant strengthen fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination.
1 x Fisher-Price Rainforest Gym and Floor Quilt (batteries not included)
1. I bought this after seeing good reviews and my son absolutely loves it. I bought it when he was only a few weeks old and even then he found it engaging. As time goes on, he finds more and more to be interested in moving on from looking at the various features to batting them to then actually playing with them and improving his dexterity. Now, he looks longingly at it as he's carried around the room and friends who have tried it with their babies decided they would also buy it.
- Plenty of hanging items (elephant with rattle beads), toucan with rattle, parrot with rotating discs, soft monkey, hanging mirror, butterflies attached to the hub that hover about when the bars are knocked. You can move the toys around the mat and the attachments and some of the attachments are low enough for very young babies to touch and see them. I looked at several mats where the toys were just too high for a baby laying down to interact with. You can also attach the toys to the outside of the mat for tummy time and there is a crinkly leaf that lifts up to show a hiding bug.
- Sturdy and quality construction with with attention to detail, such as the inclusion of the felt leaves from the central hub and the lovely giraffe.
- Bright, colourful fabric that cleans up well (the mat has to be washed as a delicate on a cold wash) and hasn't incurred any shrinkage, fading, etc
- Music and sounds that aren't too annoying, as well as four lights under the hub that fade on and off in time with the sounds. The rainforest sounds are actually very nice. The music is bearable. There are 3 settings: rainforest sounds, music and music started by the bars being struck. There are two volume levels. I rarely have it on the loudest setting and the batteries have lasted ages (C batteries).
- The bars are far enough apart to put a change mat in between to keep your little one occupied while you change their nappy.
- As a previous reviewer said, once the bars have been put together using the hub it's impossible to detach them again without wondering if you're going to permanently damage it! You can take the bars apart from each other to the point where they can be folded together and it can still all be put in its original bag. I can't do the middle popper up on the bag, but it's still travelled well out and about.
- The mat is thinner than some others so you can imagine it might get a bit uncomfy after a while. Needs to be placed on carpet or a rug. It is easier, however, for babies to move themselves around on the mat.
- It would've been nice to have the complete package and have a head and shoulder support for tummy time. I bought another mat for this and don't use the mat the support came with at all. It would also be nice if the butterflies went around by themselves, but it can give older babies something more to reach for.
I have no doubts about how good this product is and would quite happily recommend it to anyone. Well worth the money. I bought it from babycity through Amazon and the service was excellent.
2. I bought this for our 4 month old son and wish I had bought it sooner! From the very beginning he has giggled and laughed enjoying the gym. It is, by far, his favourite toy.
There are so many things to play with on the gym: a monkey soft toy, a parrot soft toy, a rotating wheel, butterflies hanging/swinging from the music/light box, a mirror, and a crunchy leaf.
The base is a little thin, especially if you are putting this on a wooden floor. We put a towel underneath just to give it a little more padding and to stop any cold coming up through.
The butteries swing from the top of the gym, but unfortunately are not moved by the music/light box at the top.
The gym can easily be transported. We regularly bring it to my parents house in the boot of our car. To fold it up, you simply rotate one of the arches underneath the other, and it becomes flat and can be loaded into the car. It's very easy to do.
The music/light box takes 3xAA batteries. I use the Amazon Basics NiMH 2000mAh rechargeable batteries and they seem to last forever in this. I would guess we get about a month out of a set of 3 batteries before they need recharged again. This is with almost daily use.
If I were to choose one toy for my baby, this would be it. It keeps him entertained for hours and he obviously loves it from all the giggling and laughing he does. I fully recommend it!
3. This baby gym is fantastic!!! Our baby seemed to love it (which is the main thing). It's bright, colourful with lots of things for baby to touch, feel and look at. The jungle sound effects are realistic and the musical setting is fun. The add on parts such as the monkey, elephant rattle and mirror are so useful as they can be moved around and hooked onto different parts of the frame or just used as individual toys. It comes in a clear carry bag with a handle which was useful when we wanted to store it away. 10/10!!!
4. It took me too long to write a review for this, but I am truly amazed and overwhelmed by this play gym. My daughter truly loves it, she is playing with this since she was just 20 days old and now she is 6 months but she is liking it more and more every day. The color combination is truly amazing and toys are really nice quality exactly right size and shape and color. This play gym has everything which a growing child need on time to time basis, like lights, music, different toys and a mirror :) Go for it !!
5. I am buying this mat second time for my second child. I loved it, so did my kids! It has everything baby needs for fun play. Something is magical in that little orange monkey as both my kids loved to chew on it. Also other toys were used a lot. Too bad my little one outgrown it as he started to kick the arches and pulling on butterflies so hard I thought he will end up destroying it. Highly recommend it! Though I would not buy it the third time again, as I got too familiar with the melodies.
6. I bought this when I was pregnant and boy was I glad I did!
I placed my daughter beneath the gym when she was about a week old. Being as she was so young I never expected much but I was pleasently surprised that she seemed to instantly love it!
At only a few weeks old she would reach for the various colourful toys and smile at them. She would stare at the lights for ages.
It became a godsend for me during the first few months as it seemed the only time she wasn't crying was when she was under the gym. It kept her occupied for at least 20 mins a time (a few times a day) so I could get things done.
At about 6 months she started lifting her head and just dropping it back down on the floor so I stopped using it. The mat itself isn't very thick and I have wood floors. She also started getting upset when she couldn't pull the toys into her mouth (teething!) so I decided to get the fisherprice jumperoo (another godsend!) Which is perfect for her present age of 7 months.
The fisher price rainforest gym says use up until 12 months but I don't think it lasts so long. However, I couldn't rate it down for this. This baby gym was the only thing which kept my daughter happy during the early months when she seemed to cry all the time. It was worth the money.
It looks great, has lots of colourful toys for the baby to play with. The lights and music really seemed to amuse my daughter too. This is a bit more pricey than some other baby gyms but well worth the extra money.
Great for baby development!
7. Just to add to the positive reviews on here: This product is all that it promises to be and worth the money. I think it's the best play gym out there. The bright colours, lovely soft textures, friendly faces (on the mat and on the hanging toys) as well as the music keep little one entertained for hours on end. We bought this straight after the birth of our daughter. She is four months old now and still enjoys it. She loves it for tummy time now whereas to start with she loved the music and light show. Then she moved onto the hanging toys (especially talking to the cheeky monkey and kicking the rattling elephant). The mirror is a favourite too.
I've put the mat (and the monkey!) in a cold wash and came out fine. I have also noticed it is much easier to wipe clean than other, cheaper play mats where the spillage seeps straight into the material and stays wet even after wiping - not very comfortable for baby.
The only thing I would say is that it does not fold up so would make transporting difficult. I would recommend getting a second, cheaper one for travelling.
All in all though a super toy which they will enjoy for months on end.