VTech First Steps Baby Walker
Detachable activity panel
Learn and play when not on the move with the detachable activity panel. view larger
VTech First Steps Baby Walker
Watch your little one take their first precious steps with this fantastic 2-in-1 walker and activity centre. With textured wheels, an easy grip handle, and a durable design, the sturdy walker gives all the support they need to take their first steps. The fun-filled activity panel can also be removed from the walker for extra sit-down play.
With lots of exciting activities, cheerful music, and friendly phrases, little ones will be introduced to numbers, shapes, animals, and colours. The Baby Walker assembles very easily and can be stored away in small spaces.
Detachable activity panel
The First Steps Baby Walker has a great detachable activity panel designed for use from 6 months old. This innovative design allows the child to use the panel to learn key skills even when the walker isn't being pushed.
The easy-grip handle helps with baby's comfort and confidence. view larger
With the great interactive features on the detachable activity panel on the First Steps Baby Walker, your child will be occupied for hours. The panel includes a variety of shapes, musical keys, and light-up number buttons that will help to introduce your little one to words, numbers, colours, letters, animals, and singalong songs.
An interactive farmyard scene with swinging door, musical keys, and moving cogs and rollers helps to develop essential manipulative skills, and there's also a removable phone to encourage role play. The walker has an easy-to-assemble design, and can also be stored away in small spaces.
The First Steps Baby Walker has been designed specifically for your little one to feel comfortable and confident on their feet. With an easy-grip handle, textured wheels, and a durable design, the walker will give your little one great support for taking those precious first steps.
1 x First Steps Baby Walker
1 x User manual
1 x VTech registration card
1. This was a lovely gift for my son, he was 5 months and loved to lie down on his mat and kick the buttons, by 6 months he was sitting in front of it unaided and pushing the buttons, by 8 months I would prop it against the sofa and he would climb up the front to stand in front and play with the higher buttons and by 9 months he was pushing it around. Now he is 15 months and he still loves it. He still plays with the buttons and the phone and despite the use it has had it still looks new. I have not yet seen a design better than this in all the baby clubs we go to. This is the best walker on the market.
2. This is a great toy for little one. We purchased this when our little one was 7 1/2 months old. She loved the various activities available on the front panel, and quickly started to use the walker to stand (note: she was already able to stand up by herself whilst holding on to something).
Obviously, the key function of this toy is to help Baby take her first steps. This works wonderfully - on carpet. As other reviewers have pointed out, the wheels slip and don't spin on slick surface (e.g., wooden floors). So when out little one started using the walker to walk (10 months old), its use was limited to carpeted areas of our flat. Worse, when she tried her luck on wooden floors, she lost confidence. Even on carpet, the walker was sometimes too fast for our baby.
Having checked reviews for other walkers, this seems to be a widespread issue with walkers.
Luckily, there is a solution.
I fitted the wheels with "homemade tyres". I put a few elastic bands on each wheel, kept in place by 3 thin strips of duck tape. Obviously, there is no need to ensure the elastic bands sit perfectly flat on the wheels. Quite the opposite actually,
This set up does the trick nicely. The walker's wheels now spin properly on every surface, and our little one can go wherever she wants.
3. Bought this for my 11 month old daughter and she absolutely loves it. She was already cruising the furniture but this has helped her confidence in walking, which she is doing now just a few weeks later. The toy has a great range of sounds and music, and in an English accented voice rather than American like some of the other toys out there. Combines music, numbers and speech for a wide variety of interactive playtimes. Durable and bright, this will provide hours of entertainment for your child - my friend's 2 year old still enjoys playing with it. Highly recommended!
4. We bought this toy for my son's first b-day when he was just starting to walk. It really helped him to quickly develop the confidence to walk unaided. It folds up flat, so we took it away with us often when he was first walking. He's 19mths now and still plays with it -- from tearing around the house with it to playing with the piano/letter keys to dancing to the music. He also can say all the letters and words on the 'piano keys' -- undoubtedly from constant repetition! It also has withstood a great deal of wear & tear and still is in good condition. I highly recommend this toy.
5. I bought this for my own son two years ago when he was learning to walk and it along with a small ride along have been the best two toy items we have ever purchased. He got hours of fun pushing it around the house - was walking at ten months so this gave him a great deal of the practice he needed. I only put it up in the attic recently as Im keeping it for my second baby. I bought this one for my nephew who is 11 months. Would highly recommend it. It gives loads of enjoyment and goes at the speed they chose so it doesnt go racing off on them.
6. This walker arrived promptly in perfect condition and exactly as described. It has proved to be very great for my 11 mths old daughter .I had previously bought this for my son hes now 5year old. He have enjoyed playing with it.It has really bright colours and plenty of bits to touch.There are LOADS of activities to keep my 11month entertained even she starts pushing it around.Obviously there are no breaks on the wheels so I would suggest strong supervision when your little one is on their feet.
7. I kept researching and researching and didn't actually purchase this until my daughter was almost 7 months old. I heavily REGRET that! I only wish I had bought it earlier as I feel my hesitation caused my daughter to miss out on this wonderful toy. My daughter is now 12 months old and she loves it!!! It entertains her and teaches her to walk. In addition the colours and bright lights keep her busy. She loves playing it like a piano. The other great aspects are the numbers, alphabet and colours.
8. I kept researching and researching and didn't actually purchase this until my daughter was almost 7 months old. I heavily REGRET that! I only wish I had bought it earlier as I feel my hesitation caused my daughter to miss out on this wonderful toy. My daughter is now 12 months old and she loves it!!! It entertains her and teaches her to walk. In addition the colours and bright lights keep her busy. She loves playing it like a piano. The other great aspects are the numbers, alphabet and colours.
9. I bought this product, at a bargain price, for my grand daughter who is 6 months old. Its great sturdy well designed plastic frame with a play set that comes off. Once baby can sit up they can play with the activities on the front. There were far more things to do then i realised from the description and lots of learning we all love moving to the catchy tunes. Well worth the money and will also be used to help with first walking.