Tomy Bath Toys Fountain Rocket Toy
Lift up to pour the water out in a magical fountain effect
Turn the dial and choose different fountain features
Whether in your tub or pool, your little one with have a blast
Suitable for ages 12 months and up
Fountain Rocket Water Toy
The Fountain Rocket from TOMY turns any bath time into play time, thanks to its magical rush of water. Dip the rocket under water and watch it fill up. You can trace the level by seeing what the stowaway starfish is up to. He’ll stay level with the water so you can check the level as it rises (and when it empties again). Then, when everyone is ready, hold your Fountain Rocket up high and see how the water flows magically in a dome shape. Try it in the bath, in the pool or even by the sea. It’s a fun way to shower, a great way to cool down on a hot day and a good way to get little ones used to getting their hair wet.
TOMY continues to Inspire Playtime with a complete product offering of 'Kid Powered' toys. Each TOMY Infant and Toddler toy is cleverly designed by recognising your children’s play patterns and developmental milestones, without forgetting their imaginations to ensure they are kept entertained.
It’s 3-2-1 lift off The Fountain Rocket makes bath time fun, and gets kids used to getting their hair wet in the tub.
Dunk the rocket under water to fill it up to watch the starfish bobbing about inside as the level rises.
Then countdown to lift off. As you hold the rocket aloft, the water escapes in a magical dome shape.
1. This is a lovely bath toy which is a bit different from the norm. You fill the rocket then lift it up creating a shower of water from the bottom, which sprays out in a dome. The yellow fins at the bottom of the rocket are nice and soft and the toy feels well made and sturdy.
As some other reviewers have said, it is a bit heavy when full for the youngest children to lift, but our 2.5 yr old has no problems, and you could just filll it a little anyway. We heave had to have a few reminders about not letting the water go everywhere, as it is quite splashy, but threats of removing the rocket have solved this!
I like any bath toys that build water confidence and this is a fun way to practice getting faces wet and splashed, the product photos show it being used in a paddling pool too which would be perfect for the summer. If you have a reluctant hair washer it may be a good way to make this more fun, as there is plenty of water to rinse bubbles away in just a few rockets full.
I am slightly concerned that the little window that the star fish is in may get mouldy as it is a closed compartment with small drainage holes, so we have been leaving the rocket on the radiator to dry just in case. Apart from this I have to say this toy is really super, it is quite simple, but often simple ideas are the best, and it has no complicated parts to go missing or break! I think it is excellent value for money and is the sort of toy that you wouldn't get bored of - I'm hoping we will be enjoying it for a good few years to come!
2. This rocket fountain is great for using in the bath to keep your little one entertained while you wash their hair etc. I think it could prove a useful gadget in helping to rinse off the shampoo for those little ones who hate getting water in their eyes. Maybe the 'rocket rinser' could become your secret weapon in the hair washing war?
The rocket is quite big, but has to be fairly substantial because it holds plenty of water. It might need an adult to help lift it up for younger children because it's quite heavy when it's full. Older children will have no problems doing it themselves though. It would also be ideal for using in the paddling pool in the summer too.
It's nicely made, all of Tomy's bath toys that we've tried have been excellent, and this one is no exception. 5 stars.
3. The Tomy Bath Toys Fountain Rocket Water Toy is a delightfully fun toy to get for your little one. It is unlike many conventional bath toys, as it is a really interactive product. You dip the rocket into the water and allow it to fill up. The floating starfish helps your child to distinguish the rising water level, and adds some entertainment value at the same time. When it is time for lift-off, you pull the rocket upwards, and the water cascades down in a beautiful dome shape.
The fountain rocket may well encourage your little one to wash their hair, or get their faces wet, because 'rocket shower' is more fun than an everyday shower would be. Just be careful where you leave the fountain rocket when not in use, as the range over which the water will spread, can be pretty far...if your child tries to recreate this from the sink, instead of the bath, be ready for some drying up of the floor!
Overall, the Fountain Rocket Bath Toy is a fabulous bath toy that is sure to provide many hours of entertainment.
4. I didnt think this looked like a toy, that would keep my nearly 2 year old entertained in the bath. I was very wrong, it might actually be his favourite ever!
What used to be a peaceful bath with my little boy, has turned into an imagination filled, squeals of delight, water everywhere bath! I now have to bribe him to get out!!
5. Suitable for 12 months and onwards. It's a bath toy that takes the form of a rocket. The rocket feet are squidgy and fun to the touch.There is a window at the front with a little orange wiggling starfish. The rocket build-quality is good quality and well made As you would expect from Tomy. It's quite sturdy. (It might have been fun if they'd also put squeakers in the feet...)
You can use it as a standard bath toy. it is quite large. It measures 9 inches. But the fun thing is that when you fill it with water, the water swirls about creating an air-filled dome that baby can sit under and have water cascade over his or her head. My niece enjoys this. The idea is that it get the child used to water and having water over the head for hairwashing time. This is, I would say, one of the more fun bath toys.
6. It's well known that the simplest things can make a tiny person happy, to the point where there's not really much surprise when a normal object creates a great amount of fun, but to find this was a genuine surprise! Something that I've never seen before and takes advantage of this happiness through simplicity idea so well, it's brilliant.
The rocket is made from strong but light plastic which will ensure longevity and ease of use and is very well finished, with no edges to cause a scraping injury. In the end this is just a plastic container with a strategically placed leak, but has the ability to make someone astoundingly happy time and again, used in a bath at night or just in the paddling pool with their friends in the daytime. It's a great little thing and worth an instant buy.